Quantcast

8 Bit Ape Logo

8 Bit Ape Logo
Welcome to 8 Bit Ape, a blog dedicated to opinions and discussions on gaming.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Welcome to 8-Bit Ape!

Welcome to 8-Bit Ape! 

My name is Sean, and the first thing you should know about me is I LOVE games. I can't remember a time when there wasn't a controller in my hand. Sure I love movies, music, etc. but games have all that and make it interactive. How is that not awesome? The only thing I love as much as playing games is talking about them. Just over a year ago I started participating in comment threads and forums, discussing all things games. However, I feel I need to showcase that in a new way, making the community more integrated into discussions. Thus leading to the creation of 8-Bit Ape, a new blog where discussion and interaction is the focus. I'm not here to report news (you probably go to IGN or Gamespot for that info) rather I'm here to share my thoughts on them and discuss them. So let's get a few things straight.

That Name

You probably noticed when you opened up the site some weird, poorly drawn "thing" greeted you. That thing is my best attempt at drawing an ape in 8-bit. I don't know how the name came to me, I struggled over finding a name that is available. And somehow 8-Bit Ape came up and no one else had it so that is how this blog was named. 

Community

The biggest part about 8-Bit Ape will be the community. This blog is entirely based around discussion. So I'll post a blog sharing my thoughts on some recent news and then the readers will voice their opinions and we will discuss this in the comment section. I will reply to most, if not all comments. My interaction with you is very important, just please remember to be civil in discussions. I also want to interact you in other ways. You may have noticed when you pulled up the homepage there is a poll. I want to do these polls to hear your opinions on certain things. Right now I'm asking you what your favorite game is of 2014 so far. I'll also be doing polls asking for opinions on the blog. I encourage you to leave any suggestions about the blog in the comment section. I hope to also maybe start doing some livestreams or Q and A. You are the reason I am doing this blog.


Reviews

I will also be giving reviews on certain titles. Note I am only one guy, so I won't be able to play everything! I will be starting out with a 20 point decimal scale. Here is the scale:
0-0.9 Disaster
1-1.9 Terrible
2-2.9 Awful
3-3.9 Bad
4-4.9 Below Average
5 Average
5.1-5.9 Above Average
6-6.9 Okay
7-7.9 Good
8-8.9 Great
9-9.9 Amazing
10 Masterpiece 
At the end of the year, I will do a Top 10 List naming my favorite games of the year. 

Well I hope this gave you a good understanding of what this blog is going to cover. Thank You for visiting my blog and please tell your friends about this! If we get more support this blog will get bigger. Again, thanks for visiting and enjoy your stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment