Quantcast

8 Bit Ape Logo

8 Bit Ape Logo
Welcome to 8 Bit Ape, a blog dedicated to opinions and discussions on gaming.

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Five Games to Keep Your Eye On This Fall

The fall is to video games what summer is to Hollywood Blockbusters. It's when they boom and get the most money. And with us being only a few months away from Christmas, everyone starts to release games like crazy. This year, while maybe not as exciting as last year's next-generation launch, is still nonetheless sure to make your wallet cry out in horror. And here are five games that will prove that. Note: All pre-order links will send you to Amazon.


Assassin's Creed Rogue (November 11 for PS3 and 360): Rogue is the reason you may find me playing a lot more on my PS3 this fall. Rogue is the sequel to the fantastic Assassin's Creed IV, and unlike its next-gen counterpart Unity, Rogue excites me because of its emphasis on the great naval mechanic and for the first time allows you to play as a Templar. It also features a wide open world, and to be honest all this sounds consistent with the exciting changes introduced in Assassin's Creed IV, and seems to offer more replay ability than Unity. It's definitely something to keep your eye on.
Click here to pre-order Assassin's Creed Rogue.


Destiny (September 9 for PS3, PS4, 360, and XBO) If you haven't heard it by now, I'm really excited for Destiny. From the creators of Halo, Destiny is an exciting online FPS game that features an intriguing universe and exciting gameplay. As I've said before, I wasn't really all that excited for Destiny, but when I played it I fell in love. From playing the Alpha and the Beta I've already put 20 hours into the game before its release and I'm begging for more. It's already been giving my current Game of the Year: Infamous Second Son, a run for its money. Bungie has something special in store with Destiny, I just hope it lives up to the ever-building hype surrounding it.
Click here to pre-order Destiny.


Dragon Age: Inquisition (November 18 for PS3, PS4, 360, and XBO) I will admit, I have never played a Dragon Age game before. Sure it's from BioWare, the guys who brought us Knights of the Old Republic and the Mass Effect trilogy, but nothing really seemed to interest me about these games. However, they've completely changed that it seems with Inquisition. It offers a much more non-linear experience coupled with deep customization and a much improved storyline. Not to mention it has some absolutely stunning visuals, and pretty sweet dragon fights. I hope this game delivers, because if it does, you won't be seeing me for a while.
Click here to pre-order Dragon Age: Inquisition.


Far Cry 4 (November 18 for PS3, PS4, 360, XBO)  I haven't spent a huge amount of time with the Far Cry franchise, but I've played enough to know that it is one of Ubisoft's best franchises. And they must know that too, because they're making sure we are pumped for Far Cry 4. The latest installment promises to give us everything we like about Far Cry 3; exciting gunplay, great villain, various modes of transportation, and great co-op. I'm really looking forward to this one, I just hope they added enough stuff to make this one a worthy sequel to its award winning predecessor, Far Cry 3.
Click here to pre-order Far Cry 4.


Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (September 30 for PS3, PS4, 360, XBO, and October 2 for PC) The game that has been called The Lord of the Rings meets Assassin's Creed gameplay, Shadow of Mordor is very promising. At first I was a bit skeptical, but once I saw some gameplay, I got excited. Finally an open-world Lord of the Rings game that seems to get it right! And even though this seems to be the first big AAA release from Monolith Productions (at least I believe it is, their recent work includes Gotham City Imposters and Guardians of Middle-earth) they seem to know what they're doing from promos. Oh and the lead writer and lead designer on the legendary Red Dead Redemption is writing the story, so yeah, I'm excited.
Click here to pre-order Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.


Honorable Mentions:


Alien Isolation (pre-order)


Assassin's Creed Unity (pre-order)


Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (pre-order)


DriveClub (pre-order)


Grand Theft Auto V (pre-order)


Halo: The Master Chief Collection (pre-order)


LittleBigPlanet 3 (pre-order)


Sunset Overdrive (pre-order)


Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (pre-order)


The Crew (pre-order)


What are you looking forward to this fall? Are you excited? Or are you just waiting for the ridiculous amount of games coming out in 2015? Let me know! And, as always, thanks for visiting 8-Bit Ape.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment